[CCWG-ACCT] Variety of formulation for Human Rights bylaw that were made.

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Jul 31 22:23:16 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am sure I missed some, but the ones I found going through the email
while doing some prep work earlier today.

Please let me know of any formulation I missed.
I know I missed Kavouss' phrasing.

_Doria 1_

/Work to ensure that ICANN respects human right obligations within its
mission, accounts for impact on human rights in policy creation, and
adheres to the "Respect, Protect and Remedy" framework developed by the UN./

_Curry __1_

/Work to ensure that ICANN respects human rights within its mission and
accounts for the impact on human rights in its policy creation, policy
implementation, review and assessment./

_Doria 2_

/In order to enure that openness of the Internet within ICANN's mission
may be maintained,  human rights impact assessments will be done on
ICANN policies [as appropriate]/

_Doria 3_

/ICANN will be committed to respect fundamental human rights in its
operations/

_Drazek 1_

/Within its mission and in its operations, ICANN will be committed to
respect the fundamental human rights of the exercise of free expression
and the free flow of information./

_Arasteh 1_

(I know there is one but i can't find the text.)

_Shatan 1_

/Within its mission and in its operations, ICANN will be committed to
respect internationally recognized fundamental human rights/

_Drazek as amended by Lisse_

/Within its mission and in its operations, ICANN will be committed to
respect the fundamental human rights, inter alia, the exercise of free
expression and the free flow of information./

_Lisse 1_

/Within its mission and in its operations, ICANN will respect
fundamental human rights, in particular the exercise of free expression,
free flow of information and due process. /

_Doria 4 (with offlist help)_

/Within its mission and in its operations, ICANN will be committed to
respect the fundamental human rights as enshrined in the Universal
Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR)./

---

---