[CCWG-ACCT] RESEND: Impact assessment questions on CCWG Proposal

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Fri Jun 19 11:28:51 UTC 2015

Bruce,

It is curious that this was not submitted as part of the public comment
period.

Why is the Board (and the staff) working on a parallel process as shown by
this document?

It looks at best ill-considered. It looks at worst like a deliberate effort
to undermine the CCWG.

Interested in your response.

Jordan

On 18 June 2015 at 21:42, Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au>
wrote:

> Resending as my original post was to the wrong mailing list:
>
> Hello All,
>
> In the public comments from the Board at:
>

> http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-ccwg-accountability-draft-proposal-04may15/msg00049.html
>
> The Board noted that it would be useful to have an impact analysis where
> the costs, benefits, and alternatives to proposals are weighed to assure
> that the design of the solution for each issues is the most efficient,
> least burdensome on the community , and the most cost-effective solution.
>
> We have prepared the attached detailed list of questions to help the CCWG
> with that impact analysis.     Many of the questions likely have straight
> forward answers that can be prepared as part of a "FAQ" on the final
> proposal, and some questions really highlight trade-offs that need to be
> made, and the questions aim to help flesh out those trade-offs.
>
> Every major change to a system, usually results in some secondary
> effects.   Often we can live with those secondary effects, but it is useful
> to think how to mitigate some of these secondary effects in the proposal.
>
> The Board hopes these will be helpful to the group in its full day session
> in Buenos Aires and welcomes hearing from the CCWG on Sunday.
>
> Unfortunately I don't arrive in Buenos Aires until Tuesday evening - but
> will endeavour to spend as much time as possible with you all in Buenos
> Aires and to help clarify any concerns raised by Board members.
>
> I also intent to attend the face-to-face meeting in July.
>
> Regards,
> Bruce Tonkin
>
> CCWG Board Liaison

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*A better world through a better Internet *