[CCWG-ACCT] Communique - revised - any feedback by midnight Argentina time

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 21:27:16 UTC 2015

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 21 Jun 2015 18:21, "McAuley, David" <dmcauley at verisign.com> wrote:

> Leon and Malcolm have well and correctly stated that deliberation took
place.

> In my opinion, periodic but regular rudeness to those involved in this
process is senseless. Especially as to our chairs and rapporteurs - who
have been exemplary leaders.

+1 but it's good to note that this started a long time ago(at participants
level) and we watched it grow wings until it got to the Co-Chairs.

Hopefully there will be improvement going forward.

Regards

accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Malcolm Hutty
ccnso-members at icann.org>; cctldworld at icann.org
> Subject: Re: [CCWG-ACCT] Communique - revised - any feedback by midnight
Argentina time

> On 21/06/2015 21:26, Dr Eberhard W Lisse wrote:
> > Dear Co-Chairs,
> >
> > Your Co-Chair is being quite economical with the truth.
>
> Dear Dr Lisse,
>
> I am getting quite tired of the repeated disrespect you are showing to
our colleagues, and your unfair attempts to impugne their integrity.

> The communique was proposed to the meeting and read out. Participants
were invited to comment; there being no substantive comments, the
communique was accepted. I don't know what more deliberation you could
want. The handling was entirely proper and normal.

> Your attacks on León are without a shred of justification, as were your
previous attacks on our co-chairs. He deserves your apology, as do they; if
you choose to withhold it, that reflects upon you, not on them.

> Perhaps you might wish to reflect on how counter-productive your approach
is to any effort to persuade colleagues to give their attention to your
interventions, and the disservice you are doing your own cause thereby.

> I am a proud proponent of the multistakeholder model. Many on this list
are new to this model, and unused to the opportunity openness to all does
give to those who wish to be rude and disruptive. I am embarrassed to think
how they must feel when they see this spat, and the other occasions you
have mistreated colleagues here.

> I can only hope that our new colleagues can look past the behaviour of
one individual and recognise the deep well of cooperation and goodwill that
characterises the rest of our work. I hope they can still find it in
themselves to agree with me that the great achievement of building a broad
base of consensus in such a challenging area is worth even the
inconvenience of suffering such rudeness.

> I am sorry I have had to be so blunt, but remaining silent felt too much
like complicity in an injustice.

Internet Exchange | http://publicaffairs.linx.net/

Accountability-Cross-Community at icann.org