[CCWG-ACCT] Communique - revised - any feedback by midnight Argentina time

Roelof Meijer Roelof.Meijer at sidn.nl
Mon Jun 22 14:30:37 UTC 2015

Chris,

Although I am sure this was sent with the best intention, it does not help
at all. At least, not me.
It is a common phenomenon, but I get very annoyed when, with the purpose
of sending a singular particular person a corrective message, a whole
group is addressed.

And that is for three reasons:

1) when you write ³participants², ³we² and ³us², your message seems to
address me too. However, I have no recollection of making personal attacks
on anybody. I feel accused of something I did not do.

2) it is inefficient and ineffective. You¹re addressing a whole lot of
people who are behaving correctly. Your message is useless to them. The
person you intend to address can always fool himself (and possibly others)
that the message was not directed at him. And continue his behavior.

3) Although I understand that you don¹t want to personally attack someone,
your generic message makes a weak point and at least gives me the
impression that you¹re reluctant to speak out clearly and rightfully.

Best,

Roelof Meijer

On 22-06-15 09:27, "accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org on
behalf of Chris LaHatte" <accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org