[CCWG-ACCT] Schedule? was Re: [] A matter of timing

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Mon Jun 29 04:30:20 UTC 2015

hi Avri

I think the schedule will emerge through discussion among co-chairs and
rapporteurs flowing into discussions in the WPs and in the CCWG as a whole
on Monday and Tuesday - seems the most organic and open way to do it? I
agree with your assessment of what we need to do.

cheers
Jordan

On 29 June 2015 at 02:25, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes this was well said.
>
> But apropos of this, unless I have missed a lot of email I do not see a
> schedule for getting this work done.
> The calendar on <
>
> https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/CCWG+on+Enhancing+ICANN+Accountability
> >
> is still invitingly open beyond BA.
>
> If I understand, we need to have done a good job teasing out all the
> issues and solutions related to all the open decisions we need to reach
> consensus on.  That is a lot of work and probably a lot of
> teleconferences - though online documents we can do cooperative work on,
> should hopefully cut down the number of calls.
>
> Do we have a schedule of those yet?  Seems like it would be useful to
> understand the micro schedule between now and Paris.
>
> Personally, I need to schedule various things over the next weeks and it
> would be useful to know.
>
> thanks
>
> avri
>
> Ps, if i have missed the schedule please send a url.
>

> On 25-Jun-15 15:13, Jordan Carter wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > A couple of people have asked me to share what I said in the Public
> > Forum on our work just now, so for those interested the transcript is
> > below.
> >
> > It's basically urging us all to be really clear about our bottom lines
> > as we go into this next phase, because there is now a very strong
> > expectation that we can - and must - deliver a proposal that can be
> > signed off by chartering organisations in Dublin.
> >
> > If we don't make that deadline, in my opinion we delay the transition
> > and put it at risk.
> >
> > That's going to require compromise. And so knowing what the bottom
> > lines are - really are - is important. It's the only way to work
> > through to a consensus outcome.
> >
> > Hope you have a great trip back, those of you who have been attending
> > face to face!
> >
> > cheers
> > Jordan
> >

> ---

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

04 495 2118 (office) | +64 21 442 649 (mob)
jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter

*A better world through a better Internet *