[CCWG-ACCT] FW: [Acct-Staff] Comment on CCWG-Accountability statement

Edward Morris egmorris1 at toast.net
Mon Jun 29 10:15:47 UTC 2015

I would ask that staff stop forwarding emails from Mr. Hill to the CCWG list.

It is my understanding, and I stand to be corrected, that Mr. Hill choses to participate in the process in this way because of his opposition to the SOI requirement. I support the SOI requirement as a means of ensuring transparency in the WG process. To allow an individual to subvert this important transparency tool through the use of staff posting privileges is just plain wrong.

I welcome Mr. Hill's active participation in the CCWG. He obviously is an intelligent man with a well considered point of view. He should not, however, be allowed to bypass our very important SOI policy. He is free to make public comments without filing a SOI and they are most welcome. Posting on list though, an important part of our CCWG working method, needs to be reserved to those who follow our own transparency and accountability procedures. If we allow Mr. Hill to subvert the process can we really in all fairness require others to follow it?

Thanks for considering,

Ed Morris

Sent from my iPhone