[CCWG-ACCT] [WP1] Draft criteria for comparison of accountability mechanisms

RENU SIROTHIYA renusirothiya at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 19:38:48 UTC 2015

Dear Malcolm,

I completely identify and appreciate that time is of essence and
prioritization is the key. In fact this is what motivated me to suggest a
matrix because such framework may give direction to assessment. But if
there is none, I wonder what would be the approach for relative assessment
of options? I'm afraid then evaluation would be subjective and not
objective/accountable.

On your contention that 'weights of different parameters are likely to be
not equal', I again agree, and clarify that this why in my previous mail, I
didn't state scale and scores, but rather categorically mention that
weights may be assigned (please read after agreement). [On this @Roelof (in
mail of Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 10:49 PM) suggested, "we could give different
criteria different weights, according to importance." I second that.]

Further, I submit that if exercise of having a scorecard to underpin the
process is not undertaken, then

   - different assessors will have different notions of relative importance
   of a parameter,
   - this way they will end up deriving different conclusions, and
   - in effect there will be further deliberations and we will actually
   loose time.

In my considerate view, this is essential. Seems @Roelof agrees. From my
end if other colleagues agree, I stand to contribute on this further, and
while doing so as suggested by @Mathieu (in mail of Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at
3:54 PM), attempt would be to adhere to agreed upon definitions and to keep
it simple.

Best,

Renu Sirothiya