[CCWG-ACCT] Call for requirement on the issue of "jurisdictional issues and options"

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez crg at isoc-cr.org
Fri Mar 20 17:34:24 UTC 2015

Dear Mathieu, Dear Greg, Dear all

I like very much Mathieu’s summary. Just for the sake of keeping record, I would revise the list with some other commentaries, leave it open for any new ones, and put it under the new heading suggested by Brazil which i like very much

JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES AND OPTIONS

- place and jurisdiction of incorporation, operations, including - tax system, human resources, etc.
- jurisdiction of places with physical presence of the corporation
- governing law for contracts with registrars and registries and ability to sue and be sued in a specific jurisdiction about contractual relationships
- ability to sue and be sued in a specific jurisdiction for action&inaction of Staff, and for redress and review of Board Decisions, IRP, and other Accountability and Transparency issues, including AoC
- relation with the national jurisdictions for particular domestic issues (ccTLD´s mangers, protected names either for International Institutions or Country and other geographic names, national security, etc.)
- relation with the national jurisdictions for other user issues, like privacy, freedom of expression, etc.
- relation with other international/global related organisations (ITU, WIPO, WTO, etc.)
- all other….

Best

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez

email: crg at isoc-cr.org