[CCWG-ACCT] [Info] "Controlling Internet infrastructure"

David Post david.g.post at gmail.com
Fri May 1 13:39:19 UTC 2015

All

[Apologies for cross-posting to the various lists]

Danielle Kehl and I have just published a background paper on the
IANA transition for the Open Technology Institute
-
<http://www.newamerica.org/oti/controlling-internet-infrastructure/>http://www.newamerica.org/oti/controlling-internet-infrastructure/

There probably isn't a great deal in there that those of you who are
already participants on this list are unfamiliar with.  The target
audience comprises those people who have not been following DNS
policy matters and who know nothing or next-to-nothing about ICANN,
or IANA, or the DNS.  We hope we've filled a gap in the existing
writings on the subject, something  that can help someone who is
completely unfamiliar with the territory to understand just what is
going on with the IANA transition, and why it matters as much as we
think it does for the Internet going forward --

Needless to say, please feel free to re-circulate to anyone you think
might find it useful - even your local Congressperson!  And comments
etc. are always welcome -

There will be a second piece coming out shortly that will dive more
deeply into the specifics of the various proposals now under
consideration, with particular attention on the "accountability" discussions -

Regards,

David

David G Post - Senior Fellow, Open Technology Institute/New America Foundation
blog (Volokh Conspiracy) http://www.washingtonpost.com/people/david-post
book (Jefferson's Moose)  http://tinyurl.com/c327w2n
music http://tinyurl.com/davidpostmusic publications
etc.  http://www.davidpost.com