[CCWG-ACCT] Legal question

Kieren McCarthy kierenmccarthy at gmail.com
Fri May 1 23:15:09 UTC 2015

I've been following this thread.

And I just want to note that I've seen this approach of picking at things relentlessly taken many times in ICANN's history; each time in order to undermine changes that are needed to fix fundamentals problems with how ICANN works.

Sadly, it often works. And so the problems continue to fester.

This time is different. ICANN's staff and Board have an opportunity here to rebuild trust lost many years ago; to work with the community on changes that take the organization to a crucial next stage of maturity.

That means accepting what needs to happen and making it work; not focusing efforts on finding and picking at holes.

I hope we will see real leadership rather than protectionism this time around.

Kieren

-
[sent through phone]