[CCWG-ACCT] Ominous update on the IANA transition

David Post david.g.post at gmail.com
Mon May 4 18:47:23 UTC 2015

This really is starting to look, as Milton said,
ominous - coupled with the pressure being placed
upon ICANN to regulate message content, see
http://www.internetcommerce.org/senate-judiciary-to-ip-czar/

my take on this is here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/05/04/internet-governance-what-if-the-sky-really-is-falling/

If the final proposal does not have real
safeguards against ICANN's content-regulation
powers, we're all in trouble. And I am starting
to wonder whether the USG is interested in making
sure those safeguards are in place, or, as
suggested in the above, making sure that they're NOT in place. . . .

David

David G Post - Senior Fellow, Open Technology Institute/New America Foundation
blog (Volokh Conspiracy) http://www.washingtonpost.com/people/david-post
book (Jefferson's Moose)  http://tinyurl.com/c327w2n
music
http://tinyurl.com/davidpostmusic  publications