[CCWG-ACCT] Clarification

Burr, Becky Becky.Burr at neustar.biz
Thu May 21 16:45:26 UTC 2015

Steve Del Bianco asked if I meant to imply that you would have to go to an IRP first if the Board decided to ignore a community budget veto.  My response below:

Depends a little on the details, e.g. Whether IRP exhaustion was required, etc., how easy it is to secure injunctive relief through IRP vs court. My real point is that in a membership structure the board would be legally bound to respect community veto, so unless you anticipate a lawless board, they would respect the veto. Without the membership structure the board has a legal obligation to exercise its fiduciary obligations and look behind the advisory veto.  Assuming good faith all around, the membership structure actually reduces the likelihood of litigation

Sent from my iPad