[CCWG-ACCT] Clarification

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri May 22 05:39:11 UTC 2015

Hi,

I come back to my question which I do not think anyone answered.

Is it possible to design this enforceability mechanism so that at the
most extreme it ends up before international mediators instead of US courts?

I know individuals contracts can be set to end in arbitration or
mediation instead of litigation.  Could such a feature be useful here.

I support the goal, but am not comfortable with litigation.  Not only
does it have to do with the national aspects and my distrust of the
judicial system,  it has to do with the cost of litigation and the fact
that ICANN corporate has a very deep legal war chest and rarely loses.
How would the members fund their side of the litigation?  By and large
in the US legal system, except in the rare case, it is won by the
deepest pocket.

avri