[CCWG-ACCT] Regarding members

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Sat May 23 09:00:50 UTC 2015

Hello Kavouss,

>>  Before making any further comment, pls clarify what do you mean by " indemnity" in what sense , for what purpose and why?

I am thinking of scenarios where "members" may over-turn a decision of the ICANN Board that exposes them to legal action from a third party that may have been affected by the decision of the members.     The idea here would be that ICANN  would cover the member for their legal expenses in defending against such a legal action, and  potentially pay for damages that may be awarded by a court if the legal action is successful.

For example Board members are generally covered under directors and officers liability  insurance etc  to provide protection if a third  party takes legal action against them in their role as directors, as long as the directors have not been negligent in their duties.   See:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directors_and_officers_liability_insurance

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin