[CCWG-ACCT] pending legal questions

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon May 25 01:15:46 UTC 2015

Leon, at least from my point of view, I think the
question is a bit more specific. We of course
know that individuals have a legal persona and
therefore could be Members (or Designators).

The question is whether it is practical to
structure things so that the SO/AC Chairs (or
other individuals named by their office within
the ICANN community (perhaps a Chair of a SG in
the case of the GNSO) can be identified as
Members and whoever the incumbent is in the
office plays that role. Or if that is not
possible, is there an easy easy to
designate  them (no pun intended) as Designators
or Members when they assume office. And if some
peron is playing that role, can they appoint
someone else to act in that capacity in place of them.

Alan