[CCWG-ACCT] WP2 Issues from last night's call

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Nov 3 21:46:35 UTC 2015

[Dropping IAB from this, because it's peripheral to that other part of
the discussion.]

On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 10:30:02PM +0100, Kavouss Arasteh wrote:
> But the qualifiers are subject to whose judgement? ICANN? OR the Community.

My impression of the other accountability improvements was that they
were supposed to make sure that ICANN's judgement reflects the
community's judgement.  So, assuming they work, I think the community
can be trusted to make the judgement and lead ICANN to the right
decision that way.  That, at least, is how I understand the text.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com