[CCWG-ACCT] Board comments on the Mission statement

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Sun Nov 22 08:01:27 UTC 2015

Greg,

Lets keep the notion of "use" to resolution, forwards and backwards, and
what necessarily rides on top of resolution. In layers, though
resolution usually takes place over transport, so {udp|tcp}/ip, (in
English, that is UDP or TCP over IP), what we really mean is a wart off
of routing, a one time look up before routing.

So if (and only if, according to my prior "what we mean by ..." note),
an instance of communication involves routing made by a device
participating in the Default Free Zone, then there is the "use". We
don't know what is going on below the network layer, so whatever we mean
by "use" and "resolution" does not imply "regulation" (or awareness) of
link or physical layers, let alone the electrical (though ip over
consumer power has been done).

Cheers,
Eric