[CCWG-ACCT] Update on Board discussions on the CCWG Update

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Tue Nov 24 22:26:06 UTC 2015

Hello Nigel,

>> To be clear, I would NOT expect a community initiated Board removal (whether an individual or the whole Board) to go forward unless those proposing it made a case for it.

Good - we have agreement there.

In addition we would like to have some clearly agreed expectations of behaviour of Board members as that helps in the recruitment process and also the personal development of Board members once they join the Board.     For example if Board members are expected to spend x number of days with parts of the community outside of Board meetings - lets know that in advance.

>>  I'm hearing that the Board want to limit the remove of Board members to "for cause".

We accept that the community wants the ability to be able to remove a director based on its decision making process, rather than for a predefined set of reasons.      Ie a vote to remove is sufficient.   That is actually a legal right of a designator as I understand it.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin