[CCWG-ACCT] NTIA Statement on ST 18

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Thu Nov 26 15:08:11 UTC 2015

I did not read Avri's first sentence as ironic.  Was it? I'm shocked.

As an aside, I've discovered that irony (and its less cultured cousin,
sarcasm) can lead to severe misunderstandings in an international context**

Nigel.

(**I find the milder forms that we Brits use *all* the time in ordinary
business communication are regularly misinterpreted and taken literally
by native speakers of American English so I try to avoid it as best I
can. Sometimes I can't help myself though.)