[CCWG-ACCT] A path to Dublin and beyond

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Oct 3 22:20:10 UTC 2015

Subject to the following comments, I would
support this, and I suspect it would have general acceptance within At-Large.

The caveats:

- There are a number of ALAC comments to the
current proposal that will still apply and will
be critical. Pending the details analysis and
resolution of the comments, I remain optimistic.

- Steve's message does not talk about "the
model", so I presume it will be some variation of
the board proposal (often referred to as MEM,
even though the MEM is only a component of it).
That proposal calls for the AC/SOs to take formal
action through their Chairs. That idea was
rejected by the CCWG quite a while ago for a
number of reasons (reluctance of the people
filling the Chair position to get involved at a
personal level, the difficulty associated with an
ongoing action at the time the Chair changes are
the prime ones that I recall). The CCWG moved to
UA and then the Empowered AC/SO as a result, and
then to the Community Mechanism. The proved to be
a stumbling block, but perhaps the Empowered
AC/SO or Community Mechanism could be adapted to work here.

Alan