[CCWG-ACCT] Rationale for Stress Test 18

Paul Rosenzweig paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com
Sat Oct 17 18:46:41 UTC 2015

Really?  I would think the exact opposite.  After a year of dilation and
delay the GAC has failed to articulate why it is "just like" any other AC
(such that its internal processes should be its own business) in the face of
its Bylaw-privleged ability to command the Board to negotiate.  As most of
us have recognized, so long as the GAC has that privileged position and has
the ability to compel Board consideration in a way that other ACs do not,
its internal processes do, necessarily, create an accountability issue.
That's something that the overwhelming majority of the community has
recognized with only a few outliers.

For myself, I would prefer to strip the GAC of its privileged position - in
which case I would be content for them to use whatever process they want.
But that, alas, does not command a broad consensus either.

Cheers

Paul

Paul Rosenzweig

paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com