[CCWG-ACCT] Blog: Working Together Through The Last Mile

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Wed Sep 9 08:07:11 UTC 2015

Chris

I consulted  'Ruling The Root' (Mueller) to remind myself of how the
IFWP ended.
(Milton, my doing that just earned you another royalty fee from a Kindle
Edition purchase)

Chapter 8 is fascinating.

In my view, it documents exactly how the intention of the IFWP was
subverted into the ICANN we have today despite the concessions made to
the multistakeholder community at the time (though, admittedly, it took
Stuart Lynn's regime several years later to excise the troublesome
inconvenience of global membership and direct elections).

The quote

". . . (and the tight time line they imposed) made it difficult to
rectify the situation" (8.2.5)

is one of particular note, I feel.

There's an old saying in Tennessee apparently . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A