[CCWG-ACCT] Regarding definitions of consensus

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Sep 17 10:56:29 UTC 2015

Hello Jorge,

>>  If I may add two follow-up questions: are all SO and AC envisaged to participate in the MEM decision-process (i.e. to decide whether a decision is taken or not)?

No - I think the concept is that all SOs and ACs are informed of the proposed action, and some minimum threshold (presumably more than 1)  need to agree to join the SO or AC that initiated the petition for discussion.

>>  What happens if various SO/AC decide not to participate at all in such processes

Nothing.

>>  and/or is there a minimal threshold of participation in the MEM for the MEM to become operational?

Yes  the idea was that there should be a minimum threshold.  We left it to the CCWG to discuss what would be appropriate.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin