[CCWG-ACCT] Preparation for F2F meeting in LA

León Felipe Sánchez Ambía leonfelipe at sanchez.mx
Fri Sep 18 04:14:51 UTC 2015

Dear all,

In preparation of the LA meeting, the existing sub-teams are asked to review the comments relating to their work areas.

We think the best way forward would be for the sub-teams to separate those recommendations that can easily be taken on board to improve our recommendations or make them easier to understand. They should also help facilitate a substantial discussion in LA by being able to present the issues raised by commenters and prepare questions for the group to discuss to forge consensus.

As we approach our face to face meeting in Los Angeles next week, we would like to set clear expectations for our meeting:

1. We expect this to be a very fruitful meeting that continues to build in an open, inclusive and bottom-up led multi-stakeholder process as it has been the CCWG’s method to date. Our work should continue to focus on the requirements set by the community while remaining open on the options on how to achieve this requirement based approach;

2. We expect to be able to finalize the review of all comments received in our second public comment period and address them accordingly;

3. We expect we can finalize our consensus recommendations along with the accompanying rationale that will allow us to publish our final document;

4. We expect to fine tune our messaging language so our recommendations can be better understood by anyone who reads them; and

5. We expect to have constructive input from the Board as we will have the opportunity to have most Board members attending the meeting.

We are at a crucial stage of our work. Our working group, our advisors, our legal team, the community and staff have all invested an immense amount of time in an unprecedented effort. While there may be moments of frustration, let’s not fall in despair and keep the constructive dialogue that has characterized our work flowing.

We invite all to keep our minds open and receptive to everyone’s thoughts and proposals. We seem to be very close to achieving our goal based on a common understanding of the community’s needs and concerns.

A detailed agenda will be sent as soon as we finish setting it up.

This is the last hurdle towards the goal. Let’s jump it all together as one.

Best regards,

León, Thomas and Mathieu