[CCWG-ACCT] Work plan to Dublin

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Sep 28 17:14:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

By and large looks reasonable.

on slide 7

> co-ordination by new small group (SO/AC reps, Board, Lawyers, ) to
> limit risk of friction, no decision making.

While seeing this as possibly useful, I would also hope to minimize the
amount of topic framing and agenda setting done by this smaller
authoritative group.

Which points to another issue, which is the degree to which the agendas
for meetings are not subject to participant review and especially that
the opening of the meeting does not give the participants the ability to
amend the agenda.  While I respect the difficulty of the problems the
chairs must deal with, I do believe that they have been a  bit too
autocratic at times and that this has, perhaps, interfered with our
ability to resolve issues.  For example the fact that we were prevented
from discussing the implications of the competing models in this last
F2F meeting have left us with unexplored fundamental disagreements and
questions that should have been asked.

avri