[CCWG-ACCT] Fwd: [bylaws-coord] DRAFT NEW ICANN BYLAWS - 2 April 2016 version

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 03:54:27 UTC 2016

Maybe i have not been quite clear enough, I am supportive of the second
approach as well (Infact I'd suggest during the planning that the larger
group be provided update as the development of the document continues just
for the same purpose mentioned by Jordan).

However, the update that we receive from the team should always be that
which has been agreed to by both sides of the legal team (i.e the ICANN
legal and CCWG legal[1]) to be consistent with the proposal. Since that
does not seem to be the case with the document recently released, then I
think there should be some review time window provided between when the
legal team certifies a final draft document and publication for PC.

I will leave it at that and not try to further explain myself on this point
again (so as not to increase the thread unnecessarily).

Regards
1. What was agreed during the planning was that CCWG legal gets the first
shot at drafting, ICANN legal reviews and comments when necessary and it is
an update of that document(including any possible disagreement points) that
gets forwarded to the larger group.
Sent from my LG G4
Kindly excuse brevity and typos