[CCWG-ACCT] preparation for the call today

Sabine.Meyer at bmwi.bund.de Sabine.Meyer at bmwi.bund.de
Thu Apr 7 11:20:57 UTC 2016

Dear Thomas,

thank you for your note. As suggested, I have had a look at the proposed answers for questions 28 onwards (including the added questions that Bernard helpfully pointed out). In anticipation of the upcoming call in I wonder if question 29 - which deals with the applicability of the GAC carve out in case of removal of a NomCom-appointed Board member - might need closer examination.

The suggested response is the following:  No cause is needed for the removal of any Board member, regardless whether it is a NomCom Board member or not. Only an explanation needs to be offered. Therefore, no decision by the Board member is challenged with the removal procedure. As a consequence, the GAC carve-out should not apply to NomCom Board member removals.

Given this response wouldn't it follow that the carve out does not apply to any removal of any Board member? And if that is the case how would the recall of the board be treated, given that it is defined as the removal of all Directors (other than the President) at the same time (under no. 3 of the additional questions)? Maybe we can look at this during the upcoming call.

Kind regards
Sabine

Sabine Meyer
International Digital and Postal Policy, Internet Governance
Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
Villemombler Strasse 76, 53123 Bonn
GERMANY
Phone: +49 228 99615-2948
Fax: + 49 228 99615-2964