[CCWG-ACCT] Notes-Recordings-Transcript link for CCWG Accountability "Review of Draft Bylaws" Meeting - 7 April 2016

MSSI Secretariat mssi-secretariat at icann.org
Thu Apr 7 16:08:06 UTC 2016

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for CCWG Accountability "Review of Draft Bylaws" Meeting - 7 April 2016 will be available here:   https://community.icann.org/x/XBWAAw
A copy of the notes may be found below.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Brenda

Notes
These high-level notes are designed to help you navigate through content of the call and do not substitute in any way the transcript.
1. Opening Remarks MW
*        Working methods - reminder of agreements from past meetings - the top priority is answering the lawyer's questions for drafting.
*        A certification that the Bylaws meet our requirements has been delegated to our legal teams and will be completed.
*        Principal when reviewing Bylaws - ensure the language meets our requirements in the supplemental report - no more and no less. We need to avoid going away from the requirements or going beyond them.
*        The CCWG has until April 9 to raise issues - the lawyers will them produce a new version.
*        We will review our procedures going forward at the end of our call today.
2. Second reading of question responses agreed on previous call TR (Approved = will be sent to lawyers as the CCWG response to the question, Agreed = the CCWG still needs to confirm).
*        Q1 - Approved.
*        Q2 - Agreed as is revisit Monday 11th.
*        Q3 - Approved with Ed Morris point (see email)
*        Q4 - Approved
*        Q5 - Approved but for ICANN to confirm details.
*        Q6 - need to redraft answer to ensure it is clear that this power of the Board has not been addressed by the CCWG
and therefore should not be changed (TR)
*        Q7 - Approved.
*        Q25 - Agreed.
*        Q26 - Approved.
*        Q27 - Approved.
*        Q28 - Add the requirement for the Board to have a rationale for calling such a community forum. Approved.
*        Q29 - Instructions by co-chairs to lawyers to redraft question 29 to properly map to the CCWG report and not refer to the carve out.
*        Q30 - Approved as is.
*        Q31- Approved as is.
*        Q32 - Approved
*        Q33 - This question needs to be reframed for consideration by the CCWG.
*        Q34 - Approved.
3. Resolution of Additional questions (first readings)
*        AQ1 -
*        AQ2 -
*        AQ3 - Linked to Q29 (?)
*        AQ4 -
*        AQ5 -
*        AQ6 -
*        AQ7 -
*        AQ8 -
4. Next Steps
*        Monday April 11th 19:00 UTC to continue review
*        Tuesday April 12th (if needed) 12:00 UTC to complete review
5. ICANN 56 - Helsinki
*        To be discussed on the April 11th call.
6.  AOB
*        None
7 Adjourned