[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG - Proposed Responses to questions on Draft Bylaws

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Fri Apr 8 19:54:44 UTC 2016

> Em 8 de abr de 2016, à(s) 15:38:000, Mueller, Milton L <milton at gatech.edu> escreveu:

ICANN might have authority over third-level in very specific circumstances. The one I know is a gTLD registry offering registrations on the 3rd level; even though most gTLDs offer registrations at 2nd level, if registry operator wishes to sell domains at 3rd level, ICANN has contractual authority to establish conditions (like which 2nd levels) and requirements (like proper escrow of registration data). This RSEP public comment is one of such cases:
https://www.icann.org/public-comments/wed-amendment-2014-06-04-en

And that probably won't be even limited to 3rd level per se... the DNS maximum label size is the limit.

Rubens