[CCWG-ACCT] DNS

Steve Crocker steve at shinkuro.com
Sun Apr 17 22:39:50 UTC 2016

Andrew,

I suppose we’re splitting hairs, but I would say there is indeed coordination of the DNS.  It’s simply distributed, as you said.  But at each level — or precisely, at each zone cut, there is a well defined single entity that coordinates allocations and assignments of names within that part of the tree.

I think the statement “Nobody does that” is potentially misleading, particularly to those who don’t have a reasonably deep understanding the system.

Steve