[CCWG-ACCT] inconsistency in bylaws spotted

McAuley, David dmcauley at verisign.com
Mon Apr 25 21:02:00 UTC 2016

Looks good to me, Holly, thank you.

David McAuley

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 25, 2016, at 4:23 PM, Kavouss Arasteh <kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com<mailto:kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com>> wrote:

Dear Holly
The restructuring of the sentence is absolutely right and is exactly what we have discussed and debated for longtime.
I suggest we end this counterproductive interprétation people and go ahead.
Regards
Kavouss

Dear CCWG-Accountability,

We have been following this email stream and in re-reading the language of the Bylaws we understand how the language could be misread to call for a standard higher than what is intended.  Therefore we propose that a clarification would be helpful.  Specifically, to remove any confusion and help assure that the Bylaws are read in a manner that is consistent with the proposal, we recommend the following clarifying change to Section 27.3:

“(a) The Core Value set forth in Section 1.2(b)(viii) shall have no force or effect unless and until a framework of interpretation for human rights (“FOI-HR”) is approved by (i) the CCWG-Accountability as a consensus recommendation in Work Stream 2 (including Chartering Organizations’ approval), and  (ii) each of the CCWG-Accountability’s chartering organizations and (iii) the Board (in the case of the Board, using the same process and criteria used by the Board to consider the Work Stream 1 Recommendations).”

If you agree, we recommend that you include this in the CCWG’s public comment.

Kind regards,
Holly

HOLLY J. GREGORY
Partner and Co-Chair
Corporate Governance & Executive Compensation Practice Group
Sidley Austin LLP
787 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10019
+1 212 839 5853<tel:%2B1%20212%20839%205853>
holly.gregory at sidley.com<mailto:holly.gregory at sidley.com>
http://www.sidley.com<http://www.sidley.com/>
[http://www.sidley.com/files/upload/signatures/SA-autosig.png]<http://www.sidley.com/> SIDLEY AUSTIN LLP