[CCWG-ACCT] The whois/RDS-RT bylaw vs. current activities

Steve Crocker steve at shinkuro.com
Thu Apr 28 14:18:42 UTC 2016

Again speaking for myself without benefit of consultation and coordination internally, but with the benefit having watched all of this evolve, I think:

We do indeed need to follow the rules, which means we do need to start the next review as soon as possible.

We also need to assemble an integrated picture of the multiple processes so everyone can see who’s doing what and how the various processes are related to each other.

Although we need to start the review process right away, we do have some latitude with respect to its scope.  Bruce Tonkin has suggested for future reviews, presumably all of them, not just the directory services review, that we move toward asking a more specific questions to provide focus and to limit the amount of time and energy required to conduct these reviews.

I think this last point moves in the direction you’re looking for even though it’s not as “efficient” as simply declaring the review unnecessary in total.

Steve