[CCWG-ACCT] [community-finance] IANA Stewardship Transition - Project Expenses - FY16 Q3 update

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Tue Aug 16 16:57:16 UTC 2016

On Aug 16, 2016, at 12:38 PM, avri doria <avri at apc.org> wrote:

> On 16-Aug-16 12:22, parminder wrote:
>> I ask you; do you agree or not that ICANN should uphold these
>> transparency standards that are upheld by public bodies?
>
> I believe so

Parminder -

 Could you please cite specifically what “transparency standards”
 for public bodies you believe that ICANN should comply with?

 I do believe ICANN should operate with an exceptional level of
 transparency, but I believe that about my accountant as well
 (and it makes neither of them a "public governance body"…)

 If you would be specific regarding which particular norms and
 standards for transparency you believe ICANN should meet
 (regardless of your underlying justification why), then perhaps
 we may find areas of agreement among the working group?

Thanks!
/John

Disclaimer: my views alone.