[CCWG-ACCT] WS2 Transparency Report: Draft 2

Michael Karanicolas michael at law-democracy.org
Mon Dec 12 19:51:56 UTC 2016

Hi all,

In preparation for Wednesday's plenary, we're pleased to enclose a
second draft of the WS2 Transparency Subgroup report and
recommendations.

The whistleblower protection section is largely unchanged from the
last section, as is the background discussion. The DIDP has a few new
recommendations, stemming from the discussions that took place at
ICANN 57. Also, we went back to the four subthemes as originally
conceived, replacing the broader "proactive disclosure" section with
more targeted sections on "transparency of interactions with
governments" and "transparency of board deliberations". The former is
largely unchanged from the last draft, while the latter is new.

Happy reading!

Best,

Michael Karanicolas
Senior Legal Officer