[CCWG-ACCT] Notice of polling of members on Recommendation 11 at the next meeting of the CCWG February 2nd 06:00UTC

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.NA
Mon Feb 1 09:29:14 UTC 2016

If we come up with multiple different proposals and put these to the
vote/poll, we will exclude the Participants because only the
Members are polling/voting.

	"In appointing their members, the chartering organizations
	should note that the CCWG-Accountability's decision-making
	methodologies require that CCWG-Accountability members act by
	consensus, and that polling will only be used in rare
	instances and with the recognition that such polls do not
	constitute votes."

	"In a rare case, the chair(s) may decide that the use of a
	poll is reasonable to assess the level of support for a
	recommendation.  However, care should be taken in using polls
	that they do not become votes, as there are often
	disagreements about the meanings of the poll questions or of
	the poll results."

I do not have a concern about polling about the current 2/3 proposal.

I personally am comfortable with the 60% solution, if it gets a Public
Comment.

el

On 2016-02-01 09:17, Greg Shatan wrote:
> We are only "polling," not "voting."
>
> It seems, however, that the poll will have the same effect as a
> vote, to the extent the effect is discernible from the Chairs'
> email.
>
> On Monday, February 1, 2016, Dr Eberhard W Lisse
> <epilisse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     That would be change our working method to voting, wouldn't it?
>
>     el
[...]

PO Box 8421             \     /
Bachbrecht, Namibia     ;____/