[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG - Recommendation 8 - Final draft version for legal review - co-chair approval requested

Chris LaHatte chris.lahatte at icann.org
Mon Feb 1 23:21:13 UTC 2016

Thanks Avri. When we are ready to discuss this, I have a considerable amount
of material about what is the function of an ombuds office and where we draw
the lines.

Regards

Chris LaHatte
Ombudsman
Blog  https://omblog.icann.org/
Webpage http://www.icann.org/en/help/ombudsman
For feedback on how I am doing http://www.icannombudsman.feedback/

Confidentiality
All matters brought before the Ombudsman shall be treated as confidential.
The Ombudsman shall also take all reasonable steps necessary to preserve the
privacy of, and to avoid harm to, those parties not involved in the
complaint being investigated by the Ombudsman.The Ombudsman shall only make
inquiries about, or advise staff or Board members of the existence and
identity of, a complainant in order to further the resolution of the
complaint.  The Ombudsman shall take all reasonable steps necessary to
ensure that if staff and Board members are made aware of the existence and
identity of a complainant, they agree to maintain the confidential nature of
such information, except as necessary to further the resolution of a
complaint.