[CCWG-ACCT] Fwd: Timing and agenda Thursday's call and options to be discussed?

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Wed Feb 3 09:36:58 UTC 2016

all,

I thought that the process and items were perfectly clear. I am not a
co-chair and haven't discussed this with them, so I might be wrong, but
read on if you like...

The two calls on Thursday and Monday should be seen as "working sessions" -
they are being held to see if some consensus can be arrived at among the
group about how to break the deadlock we find ourselves in.

Becky has ably set out the current proposal.

My view and understanding is that nothing is off the table in those
discussions that is part of a constructive effort to arrive at a solution
to Rec 11 (and if necessary consequential amendments to others) that we
can, as a group, form consensus around.

As such, nobody "owns" any proposals, and new ideas to break the deadlock
are not only welcomed - they are positively encouraged.

Because both calls are Working meetings, the only topic is the above, and
there isn't going to be any formal decision-making.  That does not mean the
co-chairs might not employ a range of approaches to see where the group is
at, which might include polling, but I am sure it does mean that NO
DECISIONS per se will be finalised on either call.

Just my tuppence.

Jordan

On 3 February 2016 at 22:30, Dr Eberhard W Lisse <el at lisse.na> wrote:

> I agree and not only because I have a hard stop at 13:00 on Thursday
> but not on Monday.
>
> So, if we did any polling, we'd need to do it before 13:00 tomorrow or
> on Monday.
>
> I do however again appoint Stephen Deerhake as Proxy should I be
> unable to make the poll, if any and would request Accountability Staff
> to note this for the record.
>
> greetings, el
>

> On 2016-02-03 11:10, Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch wrote:
> > Dear Kavouss
> >

> > I fully understand your point.
> >

> > The more reason that the co-chairs should clarify what will be
> > discussed exactly on the Thursday and Monday calls.
> >

> > Regards
> >

> > Jorge
> >

> [...]

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

+64-4-495-2118 (office) | +64-21-442-649 (mob)
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter
Web: www.internetnz.nz

*A better world through a better Internet *