[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG - Recommendation 9 - Final draft version for legal review

Rinalia Abdul Rahim rinalia.abdulrahim at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 08:15:06 UTC 2016

Dear CCWG,

In reference to the note that Bruce Tonkin sent on behalf of the Board with
the Board's comments dated 4 February 2016, friendly amendments are
proposed to text on Recommendation 9 as follows:

Paragraph 54:
Review Teams are established to include both a limited number of members
and an open number of participants observers.  Each SO and AC participating
in the review may suggest up to seven prospective members for the Review
Team. The group of chairs of the participating SOs and ACs will select a
group of up to 21 Review Team members, balanced for diversity and skills,
allocating at least three members from each participating SO and AC that
suggests three or more prospective members. In addition, the ICANN Board
may designate one Director as a member of the Review Team.

Paragraph 57:
If consensus cannot be reached among the participants, consensus will be
sought among the members. In the event a consensus cannot be found among
the members, a majority vote of the members may be taken. In this case,
both a majority recommendation and a minority response should be provided
in the final report of the Review Team.

​I would like to clarify that these amendments will not compromise the
openness and transparency of reviews.  Input and feedback from interested
and knowledgeable observers throughout the review process (in addition to
input received through the formal Public Comments process) can be extremely
valuable to the reviews.  Review Teams would have the flexibility to
determine how they would receive and manage observer input/feedback to
maximize the effectiveness of each review.  Operational Standards can
provide further guidelines on this and I look forward to the collaboration
with the community in the development of the standards.

Best regards,

Rinalia    ​

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Bernard Turcotte <turcotte.bernard at gmail.com