[CCWG-ACCT] Responses to Rafael's Questions

Eric (Maule) Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Sat Feb 6 20:42:27 UTC 2016

James,

> ALAC and At-large members of GNSO PDPs are given exactly the same rights
> during the working group and the final determination of consensus as
> members of the WG affiliated with the GNSO?
> Im not sure of any differentiation in the current working methods of GNSO
> PDPs.

I recall there being quite a bit of work by the voting members of the GNSO
Council before a working group is chartered, as well as restrictions on the
choice of chair and Council liaison.

> And for the record and for Eric?s info GAC members in particular the
> PSWG members are also active in a similar manner.

I'm relieved that in my absence problems correct themselves.

> But I agree with Seun here is not the place for this discussion given the
> current pressing matter we have before us.

True, but you did offer your view that "... It converts every issues into
a dialogue between the Board and GAC/Governments." This is a pretty serious
claim. Rather than restate, slightly less grandly, the import of GAC advice,
your supporting arguement appears to be everyone is meaningfully inside the
GNSO policy tent. If true, I'm surprised.

Eric Brunner-Williams
Eugene, Oregon