[CCWG-ACCT] Recommendation 6 and a way forward to include compromise text suggested by the Board

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Feb 8 14:53:33 UTC 2016

Let me resort to pragmatism. I know it may set a precedent, but I am
willing to risk it.

1. We are already pretty much locking in what will be done in WS2 in
Recommendation 12, including Human Rights.

2. As an AC Chair, I can definitively say that the workload
associated with chartering, populating and finding chairs for a new
CCWG is daunting, and not something we will approach frivolously.

3. Wearing my "I am not a lawyer" hat, but having spent a fair amount
of time over the last several decades reading, writing and
interpreting Bylaws, I cannot see having the ICANN Bylaws refer to a
specific CCWG or a sub-part thereof. If they need to make a reference
such as the one we are discussing, they should say the work will be
carried out by an appropriately chartered, generally/widely
supported, cross community working group.

Let's not devote more time and bandwidth to this and get on with
substantive issues.

Alan