[CCWG-ACCT] Suggested text relating to ICANN's role with respect to rood servers

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Feb 9 17:48:14 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 05:19:01PM +0000, Nigel Roberts wrote:
> It's pretty clear that there will be an accountability issue

So far, I've heard two assertions of this accountability issue and not
even an argument about what that issue is.

> , and a conflict
> of interest regarding ICANN operating a registry

What is the conflict of interest, given that there is a clear policy,
a far-from-obvious answer for how that policy is updated, and no
evidence that anyone wants to adjust the policy?

> This has to go into WS2

I'm not opposed to that.  I just don't understand why this is an issue
compared to anything else.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com