[CCWG-ACCT] Suggested text relating to ICANN's role with respect to rood servers

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Wed Feb 10 07:34:17 UTC 2016

Hello Mathieu,

>>  Thank you Bruce, could you please clarify whether this text has been discussed / approved with RSSAC ?

I discussed with the co-chairs of RSSAC, who in turn discussed at an RSSAC meeting last week.

Their advice following their meeting was:

*	For the coordination role we propose and fully support - "Facilitates coordination of the operation and evolution of the DNS root name server system."  RSSAC believes that this captures, at the right level of abstraction, ICANN's current coordination role accurately.

*	For ICANN's current operational roles, RSSAC suggests that if ICANN desires a description in the bylaws, it should be independent of the aforementioned italicized language.  RSSAC believes language dealing with operational roles should be separate because RSSAC does not have the mandate to designate ICANN's operational roles. As an advisory committee to the board, we remain neutral to the scope of ICANN's current operational roles with regard to DNS root name server operations.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin