[CCWG-ACCT] Transmittal of Final Draft for review until 14 February at 22:00 UTC

León Felipe Sánchez Ambía leonfelipe at sanchez.mx
Fri Feb 12 22:18:05 UTC 2016

Dear all,

It’s with great pleasure that we would like to inform you that the final draft of the CWG-Accountability Supplemental Final Proposal on Work Stream 1 Recommendations has been posted as of 22:00 UTC today.

You can view the full final draft of the proposal on the Wiki (https://community.icann.org/x/iw2AAw <https://community.icann.org/x/iw2AAw>). The documents are displayed in a table format, where you can download each section as you read through. Should you want to do a deep dive right from the start, the documents are also loaded at the bottom of the page in a folder that allows you to “download all” the documents at once!

In putting together the final proposal, we noted that the compromise on Board removal liability mitigation in Recommendation 4 has not been properly reflected. At publication time today, the text still contains a waiver of rights in relation to Board removal and the indemnification text agreed to by the Board. As part of the compromise reached, we had determined that the waiver language could be removed when the indemnification language was confirmed. We will review this text during the comment period, and will ask our lawyers to address this point specifically to ensure that our text is consistent with our compromise. We will keep you updated and let you know as soon as we have feedback from our lawyers.

A reminder on the timeline (with dates and times for extra precision):

·      12 Feb 2200 UTC – Comment period opens for 48-hour period for comments on any of the proposals sections. Please Note - If you have Comments on the draft please make sure that in the fixed subject line of you message that indicate COMMENTS when posting to the CCWG list.

·      14 Feb 2200 UTC – Comment period will close at which time the edits to the draft will be undertaken.

·      17 Feb 1700 UTC – Minority Statements are due for incorporation into Final Report. If the Board wishes to submit a statement or comment confirming that gaps have been addressed, then this would be the due date for that statement.

·      18 Feb 1800 UTC – CWG-Accountability Supplemental Final Proposal on Work Stream 1 Recommendations will be sent to the Chartering Organizations for their consideration and approval. This will include publication on the ICANN website and associated communications.

The CCWG Leadership would like to sincerely thank the CCWG-Accountability for all their hard work in contributing to the finalization of the WS1 proposal. A big thank you goes to our outstanding support staff who have always delivered and supported us beyond duty.

Happy Valentines’ Day!

With love <3,

Leon, Mathieu, Thomas