[CCWG-ACCT] Board comments on Board removal in the context of GAC advice

Schaefer, Brett Brett.Schaefer at heritage.org
Sat Feb 13 20:25:28 UTC 2016

Bruce,

Thinking this through led me to another question.

What if the Board  decision, based on consensus GAC advice, is not necessarily against the  outside of the scope or mission of ICANN (thus an IRP would not reverse it) but it is opposed by 3 or 4 SOACs? What recourse would they have under your proposal?

Thanks,

Brett
__________

________________________________
Brett Schaefer
Jay Kingham Senior Research Fellow in International Regulatory Affairs
Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom Davis Institute for National Security and Foreign Policy
The Heritage Foundation
214 Massachusetts Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002
202-608-6097
heritage.org<http://heritage.org/>

So in the case of an EC challenge of a Board decision based on consensus GAC advice, the thresholds would remain at three for the IRP and dismissal of the Board and the GAC could not participate as a decision also participant for either?

The only change is that the EC would be required to go to an IRP process first before moving to spill the Board?

Thanks for the clarification.

Best,

Brett

heritage.org<http://heritage.org><http://heritage.org/>