[CCWG-ACCT] FW: Annexes 1-6

Grace Abuhamad grace.abuhamad at icann.org
Mon Feb 15 12:57:22 UTC 2016

Forwarding for transparency.

From:  <acct-staff-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Holly Gregory
<holly.gregory at sidley.com>
Date:  Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 10:39 AM
To:  Mathieu Weill <mathieu.weill at afnic.fr>, Thomas Rickert
<thomas at rickert.net>, 'León Felipe Sánchez Ambía' <leonfelipe at sanchez.mx>
Cc:  Sidley ICANN CCWG <sidleyicannccwg at sidley.com>, ACCT-Staff
<acct-staff at icann.org>, ICANN-Adler <ICANN at adlercolvin.com>, "Rosemary E.
Fei (rfei at adlercolvin.com)" <rfei at adlercolvin.com>
Subject:  [Acct-Staff] Annexes 1-6

Dear Co-Chairs and Staff:

Attached please find very minor comments on Annexes 1-6 (Word in tracked
changes and PDF indicating the changes).  In addition to the marked changes,
there are several changes to be made to the graphicsthat we have noted
previously and Bernie has acknowledged.  Later we will send  a note just
relating to the graphics changes.

A couple of notes on Annex 5:
·     We note that there are several references to the Picket Fence
side-by-side comparison being ³attached for reference² but we have not seen
the attachment.    If this comparison is to be attached to the Final
Proposal, please send it for our review and ignore our suggested deletions
of these references.

·     We also note that Section 4 (pp. 12-16) does not indicate changes
between the Third Draft Proposal and the Final Proposal; the focus seems to
be on changes between the Second Draft Proposal and the Third Draft
Proposal.

1.Also, the chart in this section indicates changes between the 3rd Draft
Proposal and the Existing Bylaws; should the references to the 3rd Draft
Proposal be replaced with the ³Final Proposal²?  In any case, consider
moving this chart and the lead-in language above the heading ³Changes from
the Third Draft ProposalŠ² as these are cumulative edits, not just those
made since the Third Draft Proposal.

2.Consider replacing the chart beginning on page 15 with a chart indicating
any changes from the 3rd Draft Proposal to the Final Proposal.  (It is
unclear what the ³3rd Draft Supplement² is referring to.)

3. It is unclear why the current bylaws column has text in red (indicating
language changes).

·     Paragraphs 16, 44, 49 (the 2nd Commitment):  Adler emailed Becky Burr
yesterday to confirm that the correct phrasing is ³the neutral and judgment
free administration of the technical DNS² instead of ³its neutral and
judgment free administration of the DNS,² as Alan Greenberg proposed on Call
#83. We have not yet seen a response.

·     Paragraph 49:  Staff should add paragraph numbers within the table.

Annex 6:
·     Paragraph numbering should start at the beginning of Section 2.

HOLLY J. GREGORY
Partner and Co-Chair
Corporate Governance & Executive Compensation Practice Group
Sidley Austin LLP
787 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10019
+1 212 839 5853
holly.gregory at sidley.com <mailto:holly.gregory at sidley.com>
www.sidley.com <http://www.sidley.com/>
 <http://www.sidley.com/>  SIDLEY AUSTIN LLP

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is
privileged or confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any
attachments and notify us
immediately.