[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG ACCT Proposed Agenda - Call #84 - Tuesday, 16 February @ 06:00 UTC

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Mon Feb 15 21:00:21 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 06:23:16PM +0000, Burr, Becky wrote:

>  I personally don’t have a lot of trouble with the notion that the
> community would be required to invoke the IRP process before moving
> to recall the entire Board in that circumstance.

I don't either, but …

> illusory, given how disruptive such a step would be.  I can’t
> imagine why one would choose recall over resort to the independent
> judiciary wherever possible.

… I can think of lots of places where I'd feel exactly the opposite
about this.  It seems to me that the board recall approach is more
likely to be preferable when there is a real political struggle going
on about what ought to be done, and the board is in serious
disagreement with the community.  (This doesn't strike me as an
entirely fanciful possibility.)  I would argue that kicking such a
tussle to judicial bodies of any kind is almost always a mistake,
because the struggle doesn't get resolved despite an answer being
delivered.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com