[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG ACCT Proposed Agenda - Call #84 - Tuesday, 16 February @ 06:00 UTC

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at benjemaa.com
Tue Feb 16 20:27:13 UTC 2016

I hesitated before intervening since now, it is finished, and no substantial change can be made. But since colleagues are still discussing, I would like to highlight the following points:
The principle of never adopt an unanimity for any of the empowered community decisions is not sacred. It is not in the charter.
Spilling the entire board is a so very serious decision that makes it a special one, and for a special decision, we may accept a special derogation of the above principle
The consequences of such decision may harm ICANN as a whole, and the Internet as a unique global network. We shouldn’t in my opinion make it easy to happen, even in a very specific case.

Tijani BEN JEMAA
Directeur Exécutif
Fédération Méditerranéenne des associations d'Internet (FMAI)
Phone: +216 98 330 114
             +216 52 385 114