[CCWG-ACCT] Appendix H - Minority Statement

Izumi Okutani izumi at nic.ad.jp
Wed Feb 17 23:18:26 UTC 2016

Dear all,

Based on some discussions in the ASO, we would like to make a minority statement below, not on the recommendations but on "Appendix H: Bylaws Drafting Process & Implementation Timeline".
Our statement is related to bylaws drafting process & implementation timeline, and not directly related to contents of the recommendations.

"The ASO notes that the Internet Numbering Community is not relying on
the CCWG-ACCT WS1 proposal to fulfill our expectations of ICANN
accountability.  Instead we will rely primarily on a contractual
agrement (or “SLA”) between the RIRs and ICANN, as defined within
the CRISP and ICG proposals, to provide the required accountability
mechanisms.

In order to serve this purpose, the proposed SLA must be in place at the
time of the IANA Transition. However, the agreement contains
“condition precedent” language such that, even if it is signed
immediately, it will only come into effect when ICANN is actually
released from its related duties under the NTIA contract.

Negotiation of the Numbers Community SLA is nearly complete, and we expect
to reach agreement in the near future.  We propose to then immediately
execute the agreed SLA with ICANN, before we as a designated Chartering
Organisation provide our approval of the CCWG-ACCT WS1 proposal, by 8
March.  By having both components in place at that time, we will be
satisfied that all ICANN accountability matters are properly
resolved.”

Best Regards,
Izumi on be half of the ASO