[CCWG-ACCT] Role of Ombudsman

Chris LaHatte chris.lahatte at icann.org
Thu Feb 18 02:12:53 UTC 2016

I apologise for going slightly off topic, but I wanted to share the session
which I will run at the Marrakesh meeting on the role of the ombudsman after
the IANA transition. I realise this is part of Work Stream 2, and the
session is simply to talk about I do, and to gather thoughts about some of
the proposed changes and any other changes which the community considers
appropriate. It is more about brainstorming and information gathering than a
structured session. Everybody is welcome.

The Role of the Ombudsman Post Transition
Date: Wed, 9 March 2016 - 15:45 to 17:00
Room: Opale

Chris LaHatte
Ombudsman
Blog  https://omblog.icann.org/
Webpage http://www.icann.org/en/help/ombudsman
For feedback on how I am doing http://www.icannombudsman.feedback/

Confidentiality
All matters brought before the Ombudsman shall be treated as confidential.
The Ombudsman shall also take all reasonable steps necessary to preserve the
privacy of, and to avoid harm to, those parties not involved in the
complaint being investigated by the Ombudsman.The Ombudsman shall only make
inquiries about, or advise staff or Board members of the existence and
identity of, a complainant in order to further the resolution of the
complaint.  The Ombudsman shall take all reasonable steps necessary to
ensure that if staff and Board members are made aware of the existence and
identity of a complainant, they agree to maintain the confidential nature of
such information, except as necessary to further the resolution of a
complaint.