[CCWG-ACCT] Carve-out issue

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 17:37:43 UTC 2016

It is alarming that a few GAC members could seek to undo a carefully
balanced compromise.  And even more alarming that those few GAC members
could so quickly trigger a Board intervention.

The carve-out is balanced against the concerns of other stakeholders with
regard to (i) the proposed supermajority threshold for Board rejection of
GAC advice and (ii) the GAC's overall role as a decisional participant in
the Empowered Community, rather than its traditional advisory capacity.
The carve-out itself underwent a compromise, requiring the Community to go
through an IRP before exercising the power of Board recall.

When one pulls on one end of a compromise, the other end tends to move as
well.

Do other stakeholders need to send countervailing warnings?  Will the Board
respond as quickly? Do we want to find out?

I think this extraordinary response to a minority report should serve as a
warning to us all.

Greg

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 12:22 PM, Kavouss Arasteh <kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com